Friday, January 17, 2014

Well, it's been a week since the job started (but only my second post) and I have to say, Todd, the carpenter has been here for four days and it's amazing how much he's accomplished. Yesterday we saw the braces installed for the desktops and I'm loving all the foot space there will be.  This is going to be amazing.

We've been making do with our temporary offices in the sunroom and we're still laughing about the chair bumping but I can well imagine that by the end of the construction there won't be much laughing going on.  Milo is loving having us in here, he's got his cat tower in the corner so he can keep an eye on us and the bird feeders without having to get up.  Once the office is done, we'll be getting a couple of heated beds for the boys next to the windows so they'll be able to sleep in comfort (spoiled much??)

Today they're coming to do the template for the desktop and if I'm remembering correctly we'll need to let them know where we want the wiring holes (I know there's a more appropriate name but whatever).

One of my projects today is to find turntables for the two corner cabinets, they need to have a decent lip on them so things don't fall off but I don't want the "country" look I've been finding.  We also will need to find a two step ladder we can keep in there to get to the top cabinets.

No comments:

Post a Comment