Monday, January 20, 2014

Today Todd is going to do the carpentry work in the kitchen.  He's installing pull out drawers in two lower cabinets (but I told you that already).  What I didn't show is everything we crammed into those cabinets.


All the pots & pans, mixing bowels, crockpot, etc. were crammed into those two lower cabinets.  It was always challenge to find what we needed.  Can you see that big bin?  That's the storage containers I swear they are what socks turn into when they go missing in the washer.

Todd will also be adding the handles to the office cabinets, I'll post pictures of those for the curious (and if you're reading this, you're curious).  Unfortunately, Todd wasn't able to get the handles on because the kitchen took more time than originally planned.


Todd got the pull out drawers installed on the two lower cabinet, SWEET!!!! However we lost a lot of storage but for us it's worth it.  Not having to get down on my hands and knees to dig around in the cabinet makes it worth it.  So because of that I'm getting rid of my two Lodge enamel pans.  I've been so unimpressed by them that I don't have any regrets on getting rid of them.  I'm still deciding if I want to get rid of the Le Cruiset pan as well.

If you look at the picture to the left I've got two cabinets like this that only have 4 shelves, can you say what the he hockey stick, hockey stick?  So we had Todd install additional shelves now I just have to adjust one of them to hold the KitchenAid and since I don't use it very often I'll move it to the bottom shelf and just have Mark pull it out for me.

In the morning I'll start adding things back into the cabinets and clearing off the counters, then it's the "organize" the storage containers.  I'm so tempted to just throw everything out and start fresh but that's not in the budget.

I'm sure I'll rave about the Blue Ribbon team again once the job is done, but I have throw a plug in there for the carpenter and electrician, they've been amazing.















No comments:

Post a Comment